Come in and meet Cate...
Cate Dean has been writing since she could hold a pen in her hand and put more than two words together on paper.
She grew up losing herself in the wilds of fantasy worlds, and has had some of her own adventures while tromping through the UK, and a few other parts of the world.
A lover of all things supernatural, she infuses that love into her stories, giving them a unique edge.
When she's not writing, she loves cooking, scaring herself silly in the local cemeteries, and reading pretty much anything she can get her hands on.
There ~ I got the official biography out of the way. I love to write, and yes, I have been doing it most of my life. I've made up stories in my head for as long as I can remember, and I am thrilled to be able to write them down and share them with you.
I love writing different types of stories, and jump from fantasy, to mystery and paranormal, then over to romance and YA. So many genres, so little time...
If you want to be the first to know when the next book is released, or be in on some fun, exclusive contests and giveaways, join my list here. Thanks for stopping by!
And now, for your entertainment ~ 25 random things you probably don't know about me.
1. I am a hobby photographer ~ I have traveled around the world, taking photos of some really incredible places.
2. On the travel theme ~ I travel solo, and have done so, armed with a backpack and my camera, since 1997.
3. I love musicals. For years, I owned more soundtracks than I did popular music.
4. I spent 8 years working as a costume mistress in equity theatres.
5. I didn’t attend my first concert until I was 22 ~ one of Elton John’s many “farewell tours.”
6. I can write in iambic pentameter. Yes, I am a Shakespeare geek. :)
7. I plan my trips to London around the theatre. I haven’t been to a single play where I live, but I will happily fly 5,000 miles for some of the best theatre in the world.
8. I grew up with the twins who played Tabitha on the series Bewitched. I am still friends with one of them.
9. The first joint of my index finger is double-jointed.
10. My father was a flight instructor out of Orange County Airport (California), and I spent nearly every weekend flying with him. I have seen the top of Catalina Island many times, but never the rest!
11. I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue.
12. I love my car ~ a sporty red Scion xD, but I hate to drive. HATE IT.
13. Friday the 13th has ALWAYS been a lucky day for me.
14. I love cemeteries.
15. I am a rabid Doctor Who fan. I have even touched the TARDIS. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. ;)
16. I have walked among the trilithons at Stonehenge, and watched the sun rise over it.
17. I hung out with kangaroos, basking on a hill in the autumn sun, at Steve Irwin’s zoo in Queensland, Australia.
18. I built sandcastles with my family in a yearly contest, and we won first place 10 years in a row.
19. I was an actor and a dancer in high school/college, and won several awards, including best actress. Some of my most treasured memories are tied to those plays and musicals.
20. I was a seamstress in my college theatre costume shop, and I can make anything without a pattern.
21. I am a huge history buff ~ and standing where history was made gives me chills.
22. I am a direct descendant of Betsy Ross. I guess the sewing prowess is genetic!
23. I played guitar for eight years. My favorite riff ~ the intro to Stairway to Heaven. I can still play it.
24. I am finally taking my bucket list trip in December 2016 ~ the Lord of The Rings tour in New Zealand! I've been a huge fan since 6th grade, and read the trilogy at least once a year all through high school and college. Now I will walk in the steps of the Fellowship.
25. My goal is to stand on every continent at least once in my life.
I hope you enjoy your time hanging out here. Come back often ~ I am always adding new things, and updating the latest news.
So have a look around. Feel free to contact me ~ I love hearing from you! Follow me on Twitter, like my Facebook Page, and join fellow Pubbers in my Facebook readers pub. Become a part of my growing community ~ I look forward to getting to know you!
Until next time ~ read on.